Christ Renews His Parish is a parish renewal process that has existed since 1969 and has been recommended by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It is a popular instrument of personal and parish renewal in more than 1,200 parishes in 35 states in the United States and in five other countries.
Christ Renews His Parish can be described in four parts:
- A person begins by experiencing an overnight – day and a half – retreat at the parish: afterward takes the next step in their spiritual journey.
- They become part of a team: adult faith formation, preparation and catechesis.
- Next, they join a host committee for the next renewal retreat: present retreat for next group, authentic experience of lay ministry in the parish with a renewed spirit.
- Finally, search for the Lord’s call to what comes next in one’s life: Sends people into service ministries in the parish, community and diocese.
This process is structured so that it becomes part of normal parish life without becoming another parish organization. Christ Renews His Parish is designed to support the other parish organizations and ministries and sends renewed people into these groups.
While many people who experience the process experience it at different levels of intensity, most would say it is an authentic encounter with God. Attendees have described it as experiencing God in a more intimate manner such that it is more personal. From those with little faith, to those who have been ordained for many years, all leave with a new and renewed experience with the Holy Spirit. For more information, please visit www.CRHPUSA.org.
Diocesan Christ Renews His Parish Committee
In December 2013, Bishop Felipe J. Estévez approved and formally recognized the Diocese of St. Augustine Christ Renews His Parish Committee (“Diocesan CHRP Committee”).
The Mission and Purpose of the Diocesan CRHP Committee are as follows:
- To serve as a centralized first point of contact for CRHP and foster communication between and amongst the CRHP National Organization, St. Augustine Diocese and individual parishes;
- To promote CRHP at Diocesan-wide events for the purpose of outreach and expanding the process to parishes that do not have CRHP at present;
- Host diocesan events for training CRHP leaders and allow for open exchanges to discuss “best practices” which we believe will strengthen and help existing CRHP parishes; and
- To study and strategically locate parishes within the diocese that are conducive to CRHP, recruit volunteers, consolidate efforts (by reducing duplication of effort by the individual parishes) and facilitate/augment efforts of the individual parishes in developing and or expanding CRHP to parishes within the diocese that currently do not have such a process.
Diocesan Committee Chair
William Ray Holley
Diocesan Committee Spiritual Advisor
Deacon Chris Supple
Active Local CRHP Parishes in the Diocese
- Assumption Parish, Jacksonville: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Blessed Trinity Parish, Jacksonville: Contact McGriggs@comcast.net or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holy Family Parish, Jacksonville: Contact email@example.com
- Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish, Ponte Vedra Beach: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- San José Parish, Jacksonville: Contact email@example.com
- San Juan Del Rio Parish: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Catherine of Siena Parish, Orange Park: Contact Lyn@stcatherinesiena.com
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Palm Coast: Contact (386) 447-5843
- St Joseph Parish, Jacksonville: Contact email@example.com
- St. Luke Parish, Middleburg: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Matthew Parish, Jacksonville: Contact email@example.com
If you are interested in bringing Christ Renews His Parish to your parish, please contact Ray Holley at: firstname.lastname@example.org.