Christ Renews His Parish (“CRHP”) / Welcome CRHP 2.0 is a parish renewal process that has existed since 1969 and has been recommended by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It is a popular instrument of personal and parish renewal in more than 1,400 parishes in 35 states in the United States and in five other countries.
This parish renewal process can be described in four parts:
- A person begins this process by experiencing an overnight – day and a half – retreat at the parish and afterward takes the next step in her/his spiritual journey.
- They become part of a team: adult faith formation, preparation and catechesis.
- Next, they join a host committee for the next renewal retreat and the formation team recruits and presents the retreat for a new group of individuals thereby providing an authentic experience of lay ministry in the parish with a renewed spirit.
- Finally, the individual and team searches for the Lord’s call as to what comes next in her/his life which often results in joining other service ministries in the parish, community and diocese.
This process is structured so that it becomes part of normal parish life without becoming another parish organization. CRHP / Welcome is designed to support the other parish organizations and ministries and sends renewed people into these groups.
While many people who experience the process experience it at different levels of intensity, most would say it is an authentic encounter with God. Attendees have described it as experiencing God in a more intimate manner such that it is more personal. From those with little faith to those who have been ordained for many years, all leave with a new and renewed experience with the Holy Spirit.
List of Active CRHP/Welcome in the diocese:
- Assumption Parish, Jacksonville
- Christ the King Parish, Jacksonville
- San Juan Del Rio, St. Johns
- St. Joseph, Jacksonville
- St. Monica, Palatka
- St. Paul Parish, Jacksonville
- Mary Queen of Heaven, Jacksonville [Restart in Process]
If you are interested in bringing WELCOME/CRHP 2.0 to your parish, please contact Ray Holley at firstname.lastname@example.org.