- This event has passed.
Epiphany and St. Francis Xavier Joint Lenten Parish Mission
March 10 - March 14
Join the parish communities of Epiphany and St. Francis Xavier for a joint Lenten parish mission, “God’s Name is Mercy” starting Saturday, March 10 through Wednesday, March 14. The directors for the mission will be Father Bill Halbing and Deacon Tim Kennedy of the Archdiocese of Newark, New Jersey. The parish mission schedule is as follows:
- March 10 & 11 – Preaching all masses
- March 12 to 14 – Mass and talk at Epiphany Parish, 8:00 a.m.; Mass and talk at St. Francis Xavier, 9 a.m.
- March 12 – Talk at Epiphany and St. Francis Xavier, 7:00 p.m.
- March 13 – Talk and penance service at Epiphany Parish, 7:00 p.m.
- March 14 – Mass and talk at Epiphany Parish, 7:00 p.m.
Topics will include:
- God the Father of Mercies
- Jesus, the Face of Mercy
- Power of the Holy Spirit: Mercy through the Sacraments
- Take Up Your Cross: The Way of Love
- Love is in our Spiritual DNA
- Freedom in Christ
About the speakers:
Father Bill Halbing was ordained in October 1982 and is an internationally known conference speaker and bible teacher, and is fluent in Spanish.
Deacon Tim Kennedy was ordained in May 2011, and is a retired chief of police and has served in law enforcement for more than 30 years. He is a well-known conference speaker and promotes and leads pilgrimage tours.