A woman who enters consecrated life chooses to deepen her baptismal commitment by taking vows which emphasize the values of prayer, loving service and simple living in community with others. Consecrated women serve the church and community in many ways, including: youth ministry, the homeless and hungry, battered women, education, healthcare, family life and parish pastoral ministry. Some Sisters are totally dedicated to the contemplative life. The USCCB resources here are to help a discerning woman discover the next steps in her journey. May God bless you as you search for His holy will.
“Come and See” Retreats
Enjoy a retreat filled with peace, prayer, Holy Mass and sharing with the Sisters of St. Joseph. Ask the searching questions you need to ask about religious life. The mission fields of Florida need committed laborers on fire with the mercy and love of Christ. Take this time to listen to God’s call in your own heart! Sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph. To register, contact Sister Kathleen Power, SSJ, at (904) 610-9228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Retreat fee is $20.
- September 10, 2016 – Villa Flora-Brown Hall Renewal Center (241 St. George Street) in St. Augustine (Click here) (For women, 35-55 years)
- February 11, 2017 – Villa Flora-Brown Hall Renewal Center (241 St. George Street) in St. Augustine (For women, 35-55 years)
- March 4, 2017 – San Pedro Retreat Center (2400 Dike Road) in Orlando (Click here) (For women, 14-18 years)
- September 16, 2017 – San Pedro Retreat Center in Orlando (For women, 18+ years)
- November 11, 2017 – San Pedro Retreat Center (For women, 18+ years)
Young Women’s Retreat
- April 28-30, 2017 – San Pedro Retreat Center (For women, 14-18 years)
- April 20-22, 2018 – San Pedro Retreat Center (For women, 18+ years)