Scheduled for March 3-4, 2015, Catholic Days at the Capitol provides the opportunity to put into action our faith’s call to political responsibility and allows us to strengthen the presence of our Catholic values in the public square.
By joining with Floridians who share our faith to advocate for laws that protect and defend human life and dignity, we can give a voice to some of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in our state and help promote the common good for all of Florida’s residents.
Catholic Days activities include:
- A legislative briefing on policy issues affecting human life and dignity
- Pre-scheduled meetings with lawmakers
- A luncheon for Catholic Days participants, Florida’s bishops and legislators
- Group photos of each diocesan delegation with their bishop
- Tours of the current and historic capitol buildings
- 40th Annual Red Mass of the Holy Spirit celebrated by the bishops of Florida to pray for those working in the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government
Take a moment to watch the following brief, two-minute video to learn more about the Catholic Days experience.
For more information on this annual event contact Mike Day in the Family Life Office at (904) 551-2619 or click here to register. The cost ranges from $30-$60. Deadline to register is Feb. 13.