The St. Augustine Spanish Wine and Food Festival is an annual series of fundraising events that benefit Catholic Charities, TAG Children’s Museum, and a homeless rehabilitation program called Fresh Starts. The Festival runs September 9-12, and several of the events are held near the Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche on the Mission Grounds in St. Augustine.
Visitors attending the Commemoration Festivities and Mass on September 8 may want to participate in one or more of the Festival events. Here is an outline of the Festival including admission prices:
- Sept. 9: Kick-Off Luncheon at Noon at First Coast Technical College honoring graduates and current participants in the Fresh Starts Program — $25
- Sept. 10: Vino Veritas at Treasury on the Plaza at 6:30pm featuring Spanish nationals talking about Spanish culture and traditions, a selection of fine Spanish wines and tapas prepared by 8 of the area’s top restaurants — $50*
- Sept. 11: Cava Reception and Dinner at 6pm under a big top tent at Mission Nombre de Dios serving fine Spanish cavas, a five course Spanish menu, Latin music, and a Flamenco dance exhibition — $125 (tables of 8, $1200)
- Sept. 12: Grand Tasting under a big top tent at 1pm at Mission Nombre de Dios. A wine tasting featuring 125 different kinds of Spanish wine, and delicious tapas — $50*
- Sept. 12: Team and Grand Batalla de Vinos 5:30pm at Mission Nombre de Dios. Participants dressed in white decorate one another with wine using various squirting devices.
Admission is available by advance reservation only. Each event is expected to sell out in advance, so admissions must be purchased in advance through the Festival website. There are no walk up admissions for the Kick-Off Luncheon or Cava Reception and Dinner.
Admission at the door (space available) for Vino Veritas and the Grand Tasting is $75.
If you plan to attend events during the St. Augustine Spanish Wine and Food Festival, September 9-12, please visit the website and secure your admission tickets in advance!