Catholic Schools – Where Faith and Knowledge Meet
We, the Catholic school community of the Diocese of St. Augustine, strive to provide a Christ-centered educational environment rooted in Gospel values and in our rich Catholic tradition.
Mailing and Street Address
Office of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools
11625 Old St. Augustine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32258
Fax: (904) 596-1042
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Sister Christine Hernandez, SCTJM
(904) 262-3200, ext. 151
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendant
(904) 262-3200, ext. 150
Grade School Sports Commissioner
What We Believe
- We must continue to build on our rich history of education in the diocese
- We must respect the dignity of each individual within the school community
- Our partnership with parents, each student’s spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth develops in an atmosphere, which stresses Gospel values
- The spiritual formation of the entire school community – students, faculty and parents must be fostered
- Worship, community, service, self-discipline and academic excellence must be part of the school’s program and atmosphere
- We must prepare our students to examine the implications of moral, social justice and global issues in an ever-changing society
- By our example we must offer models of Christian witness to our students and the entire community
A Dozen Reasons to Choose Catholic Schools:
- We offer an education that combines Catholic tradition with academic excellence.
- We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
- We set high standards for student achievement and work closely with them to help them succeed.
- We provide a balanced curriculum that includes art, music and fitness.
- We use technology effectively to enhance education.
- We instill in students the value of service to others.
- We teach children respect of self and others.
- We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
- We prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
- We have a 99 percent high school graduation rate, and 85 percent of our high school graduates go to college.
- we cultivate a faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring and effective.
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.