- This event has passed.
Secular to Sacramental Marriage Formation
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Saturday, happening 4 times
“From Secular to Sacramental Marriage” is a group application of the content and exercises offered in the time tested, life changing, one on one mentoring program for Catholic marriage preparation “Preparing to Live in Love” (www.livinginlove.org). “Secular to Sacramental” has been especially tailored for couples who are already civilly married, or long-term cohabitating with children, who now seek a sacramental union. A Spanish version will be available in 20/20.
The key components that make this program incredibly effective are:
- A clear distinction between the secular and sacramental models of marriage, seen through the prism of lived experience
- The latest scientific research integrated with Saint John Paul ll”s Theology of the Body
- Practical life skills, principles, and strategies using an experiential curriculum
- Liberating insights and rich Catholic teaching articulated in common sense language
- A uniquely positive, proactive mindset that appeals to modern couples
- The authentic witness of joyfully married couples who are passionately and intentionally living the sacrament of matrimony in order to reveal and manifest Christ’s love for the church to those around them.
The program takes place once a week for 4 weeks. Each engaging 3- hour session includes state of the art take home materials. Topics are practical and relevant yet are designed to motivate and empower couples to raise the bar to a more generous, other- centered, experience of total self- donation.
Sessions include topics such as: Affirming masculinity and femininity, The Language of the Body, and inviting Christ into conjugal love, Spiritual nakedness and couple prayer, The role of Matrimony in the church, Emotional and verbal intimacy, Integrating the unitive and procreative dimensions of conjugal love and openness to life, Strategies and skills for forgiveness and healing, avoiding misunderstandings, coming together on issues, developing couple values, and making couple decisions, Freedom from the limiting formation of family of origin and attitudes in the culture.